The Superior Rivers Watershed Association is operated by volunteer members. We need your help to keep us running! Send us an email with your interest!
Spring Macroinvertebrate Monitoring is in May! Training dates coming soon!
What are you interested in?
- Science and field work
- Education and outreach
- Office, writing, and specialized tasks
Science and Field Work Volunteering
- Water Quality Sampling. Monthly. Collect a water sample at the beginning of each month, run a series of tests from home, and send us the results. Training and equipment provided.
- Macroinvertebrate Sampling. One day commitment. Collect macroinvertebrates (aquatic bugs) twice a year (Spring and Fall) from a river site. Training and equipment provided.
Education and Outreach
- Help Plan an Event. A month or two help. We work to get people in their watershed with presentations and field days. Are you interested in birding? Snowshoeing? Canoeing and river clean-up? Removing invasive species? Let’s turn that idea into action.
- Serve on a Committee. Approximately monthly meetings. Lend a hand with the newsletter, help organize events, assist with program development, fundraising, and more. We can help you find a good fit for your talents!
Office, Writing, and Specialized Tasks
Note: due to the pandemic, many of our in-person office tasks are not available. We hope to have help in the office again someday soon!
- Help in the office. Name your time commitment. Are you good at filing and organization or data entry? If you’d like to support the work of SRWA from a warm, dry location, we can use some help in the office.
- Bookkeeping. A couple hours a month. Do you have bookkeeping experience? We could use a volunteer bookkeeper to help out a few hours each month in the office.
- Website. Name your time commitment. Have some ideas for us on this website? Have some experience working with web sites? We could use your help.
- Newsletter articles. An hour or two quarterly. We publish our newsletter, Watershed Waves, quarterly. Contact us if you have an article idea, or you’re interested in contributing an article.
The association needs a variety of volunteers to keep us running. Contact us (715) 682-2003 or send us an email if you’re interested in any of these opportunities. We’d love to hear from you!
We love our volunteers.
Each of our volunteers is honored in our quarterly newsletter, Watershed Waves. If you’ve donated your time to us, look for your name in the coming issues!
We also yearly award the Karen Danielsen Outstanding Stewardship Award to one esteemed volunteer. Thank you, award winners, for your years of dedication!